Now that we're over a full week into January 2018, I thought I'd take a little time to go over what all happened in 2017!
The good and the bad y'all. Because I'm human.
LAST YEAR'S GOALS
- Create/find a quote to be my motto for the year
- Start blogging more regularly
- 1x/month minimum
- 1x/week ideally
- Write on windows or menu boards for at least one local shop
- Attend a craft fair/show as a vendor or with display booth
- Finally learn to drive Andy’s car!!!! (stick shift)
- Participate in Styled Shoots
- contributing my work
- have professional shots OF me
- Host 2 Lettering Workshops
- Complete a paid envelope order
- Drink at least 40oz of water every day MINIMUM (y’all, I’m starting small)
- Complete at least 3 Bible Studies [that I already own --> I hoard these]
- Motto: progress not perfection
- Local Businesses I lettered for:
- Local Markets I participated in:
- 2 Hand Lettering
- 2 Chalkboard
- 1 Pointed Pen
- 1 Collaboration w/ Bethany Joy Art
- Envelope Orders for Lisa and Megg
- Styled Shoots:
- I SEMI learned to drive Andy's car. I drove it for approximately 150 miles on the way home from VA and had a slight meltdown trying to get off the highway. *idon'twanttotalkaboutit*
- I SEMI started blogging more regularly. It was definitely more than 2016... but I didn't specifically hit my 1x/month minimum either. I posted 15 times which averages to hitting my goal, but it wasn't consistent, so I'm only counting this as partial. July was a good month though!
I'm just going to ahead and say it.... drinking 40oz of water every day was a BIG FAT FAIL. I still haven't even done that for the 10 days of January 2018. I need some serious intervention here people.
WATER IS A NECESSITY.
Okay so all jokes and criticisms aside, 2017 was a great year for me. It was my first full "calendar year" in business from January to December and I got to experience the full wedding season that is Asheville, NC. AKA never-ending! With Asheville making Forbes list of places to visit (the only US city!) I'm expecting 2018 to be just as busy.
I learned a lot and definitely found some things that DON'T work for me. Definitely one of those cliche sayings, but this year I would really like to work SMARTER, and I have a bunch of things I'm narrowing down and nailing down in order to do so. But overall I couldn't be happier with the people I've worked with, the opportunities I've been given (and created) and the business I've grown so far.